With the finalization of the CIDOC CRM as ISO standard,
the Special Interest Group pursues the following activities:
- Acting as expert group for ISO in order to maintain the
standard and to identify upcoming needs for amendments in the
future. The page "Work Progress" will be further maintained to
register upcoming issues.
- Elaborating extensions to the CRM for major domains complementary
to cultural heritage information in collaboration with the respective
interest groups. In this line, the Group collaborates with the IFLA
FRBR Review Group on a harmonization of FRBR and later FRANAR with the
CIDOC CRM. Further, harmonization with TEI has been decided by the
CIDOC CRM SIG and the TEI Ontology Working Group.
- Acting as a forum to discuss issues of application of the
CRM and related issues of semantic interoperability. Of particular
* Mapping of legacy schemata to the CRM
* CRM Core: minimal CRM compliant metadata
* Supporting categorical knowledge in science museums,
ethnology and natural history ("MetaCRM").
- Elaborating didactic material, training and dissemination